Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Apples
Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples make for an easy and healthy fall side dish or the perfect addition to a holiday meal.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
- 4 cups sweet potatoes (about 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 2 cups apples (about 2 medium apples)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Adjust the rack to the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Peel sweet potatoes and apple skins with a vegetable peeler, and cube into 1” pieces.
- Place sweet potato cubes in a large mixing bowl, toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons maple syrup.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt, cinnamon and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Place sweet potatoes on the baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 20 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, add the remaining olive oil and maple syrup into the bowl and toss cubed apples into the mixture and stir to combine.
- After 20 minutes have passed, remove baking pan from the oven, flip the sweet potatoes and then add the apple mixture. Roast for an additional 20 minutes or so until the sweet potatoes and apples have browned.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place ingredients into a serving bowl. Top with chopped pecans and serve immediately.
Keywords: Thanksgiving, Sweet Potatoes, Apples