Creamy Sausage & Mushroom Tortellini Skillet
This easy Creamy Sausage Tortellini Skillet with Mushrooms comes together super quick for a hearty and delicious weeknight meal. This is a one-pan meal that the whole family will love!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: American
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 12-ounce cheese tortellini
- 2 cups spinach or spinach & arugula mix
- Heat butter and oil in a large saucepan or skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir mushrooms in the butter and oil until mushrooms are browned and tender, about 8 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from saucepan and set aside on a plate.
- Cook and crumble the sausage on medium high heat. Once the sausage is fully cooked, remove from skillet and set aside with mushrooms on the plate. Wipe down grease with a paper towel.
- Over medium heat, add in heavy cream, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, pepper, parmesan cheese and Italian cheese blend and whisk together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chicken broth and cornstarch. Whisk into the sauce and add in the tortellini and spinach & arugula mix. Let simmer for about 5 minutes until the tortellini is cooked, spinach and arugula have wilted and the sauce has thickened.
Keywords: skillet, sausage, mushroom