Nutella Brownies that are fudgy, chewy and chocolatey with just a hint of hazelnut goodness in every bite. These are sure to become your favorite sweet decadent treat!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup butter
- one 4-ounce semi-sweet chocolate bar, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a double boiler over low heat, carefully melt the butter and chopped chocolate until completely smooth. Alternatively, you can use a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and chopped chocolate. Melt in 30 second increments, stirring until smooth, being careful not to burn the chocolate.
- In a mixer with the paddle attachment, combine the chocolate / butter mixture with the Nutella and brown sugar until well combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, stopping to scrape down the bowl occasionally to make sure the ingredients are combined evenly.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- Stir in the flour, kosher salt and chocolate chips until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. If the toothpick comes out with only a couple moist crumbs, the brownies are done. The edges should be set, and the center should still look slightly moist, but not uncooked. Keep a close eye on them as to not overcook.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving. Store tightly covered for 3-5 days.
Keywords: brownies, nutella