These Pear Pecan Muffins topped with an Oat Pecan Crumble are super moist and full of warm, tasty spices and they freeze well. They are perfect for a mid-morning snack or breakfast on the go!
In our home, nothing says fall like baking…and harvest. Pears are one of the crops we grow commercially. I always enjoy bringing home buckets of these delicious beauties from the orchard and planning out recipes. One recipe remains a staple every autumn and that would be these rich Pear Pecan Muffins with Oat Pecan Crumble.
Fall is a hectic time for us because of harvest. Depending on the time of year, we can be picking pears and wine grapes 24 hours a day. So I never know when my husband will be coming home. Because he works so hard and so many hours, I try as much as I can to keep food in the freezer so there’s always something to pop in his lunchbox or in the oven. These Pear Pecan Muffins topped with an Oat Pecan Crumble are super moist and full of warm, tasty spices and they freeze well. They are perfect for a mid-morning snack or breakfast on the go!
p.s. If you are lucky enough to pick pears straight from the tree, they will keep in your fridge for quite some time. We’ve been able to keep pears until Thanksgiving in our fridge most years. It’s so nice to be able to bake with pears all season long!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.Print
Pear Pecan Muffins with Oat Pecan Crumble
These Pear Pecan Muffins topped with an Oat Pecan Crumble are super moist and full of warm, tasty spices and they freeze well – perfect for a mid-morning snack or breakfast on the go!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 24 1x
- Category: Baking
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 ½ cups pears - peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Oat Pecan Crumble
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two standard muffin pans with paper baking liners and set aside.
- In a mixer, combine oil, granulated sugar, dark brown sugar and eggs, beat well.
- Stir in pears, pecans and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir dry ingredients into the pear mixture; mix well.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans.
- For the crumble, in a small bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, salt and baking powder.
- With a fork or pastry cutter, cut in the butter until there are pea-sized crumbs.
- Fold in chopped pecans.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the muffin batter, dividing equally amongst the muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 23-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of muffins comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pans for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tip: I use an ice cream scoop to evenly spoon batter into muffin pans.
Keywords: Pear Pecan Muffins with Oat Pecan Crumble