These Spiced Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies are full of warm fall spices and are made even better with bittersweet chocolate chips
I can’t stop baking this fall. There's nothing like fall-flavored baked goods to make you feel warm and cozy. Enter these Spiced Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are chock-full of warm fall spices and are made even better with bittersweet chocolate chips. Because who can say no to chocolate?!
The past few years have been so crazy between the surprise purchase of our ranch, the remodel on our temporary home, and oh yeah, having a baby. I haven’t had much of an opportunity to slow down to take time to do the things I really enjoy. I know that’s life (and life with a baby). But I really LOVE baking and cooking, so to be able to spend a little more time in the kitchen lately has been good for my soul. Also good for my soul are these Ccookies. Ok, so maybe they aren’t good for your soul, but they make my taste buds happy, so there is goodness all around.
These cookies taste like fall to me. With classic fall flavors like cinnamon, cardamon, nutmeg and ginger, you'll think of crunchy leaves with every bit. These Spiced Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies make harvest time a little more bearable in our household. Enjoy!Print
Spiced Brown Sugar Harvest Chocolate Chip Cookies
Rich and warm, these cookies are full of fall flavors!
- Prep Time: 70
- Cook Time: 14
- Total Time: 1 hour 24 minutes
- Yield: 24 1x
- Category: Fall
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of the bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, flaxseed, ground cinnamon, ground cardamom, ground ginger, ground cloves, ground nutmeg, and ground pepper.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter and sugar mixture, beating until combined. Add chocolate chips; beat until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Using a 1 ½ tablespoon scoop (I use this cookie scoop), scoop dough and place at least 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake until browned around edges, about 14 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Keywords: Spiced, Brown Sugar, Chocolate Chip Cookies