This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.
I’m about to go on a baking palooza friends. Our family is having a big dinner party next weekend and I volunteered to make the desserts. I’m still deciding the dessert menu, but I know that I will at least make my Strawberry Rhubarb Basil Balsamic Pie and these Mini Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cakes.
I love lemons! They are one of my favorite ingredients to bake with. They bring a freshness to whatever it is you are making, and they make your kitchen smell wonderful! These Mini Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cakes are made with a healthy dose of lemon and sweet blueberries that will make your taste buds happy. If spring were a flavor, it would be these Mini Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cakes.
These Mini Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cakes are super moist (thanks to the buttermilk!) and flavorful, they are sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any party or shower, or on a random Tuesday morning! These cakes are best made the same day that you are serving them. If you need to make them ahead of time, bake and store in an air-tight container and apply the glaze the day you are serving.Print
Mini Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cakes
These Mini Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cakes are super moist and flavorful, they are sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any party or shower, or on a random Tuesday morning!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 Mini Bundt Cakes 1x
- Category: desserts
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Thoroughly grease the Mini Bundt Pans with nonstick spray, making sure to get the tiny cervices, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together buttermilk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and Greek yogurt on medium speed until well blended. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, stopping to scrape down the bowl occasionally to make sure the ingredients are combined evenly.
- With the mixer on low, alternate adding the flour mixture and buttermilk mixture until everything is incorporated in the mixer bowl. Make sure everything is incorporated, but do not overmix.
- With the mixer on low, add the lemon zest. Again, do not overmix. Batter should be light and fluffy.
- Pour the blueberries into the batter and mix by hand to incorporate.
- Spoon batter into prepared mini bundt pans, filling each pan about ⅔ full (the batter will yield approximately 12 mini bundt cakes).
- Bake the cakes for 20-24 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Be careful not to overbake the cakes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and place the pan upside down on a cooling rack. If the cakes release from the pan, immediately remove the pan. If the cakes don’t release, let it rest upside down for 5-10 minutes until they release. Let cakes cool completely on the rack.
- While the cakes cool, prepare the Lemon Glaze. Whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon juice and buttermilk until smooth. Drizzle over the cooled cakes.
These cakes are best made the same day that you are serving them. If you need to make them ahead of time, bake and store in an air-tight container and apply the glaze the day you are serving.
Keywords: Mini Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cakes
Nicole W. says
These came out fantastic! Excellent lemon flavor. So happy not to use lemon extract and still get that wonderful bright lemon in the cake as well as in the icing! Most definitely will be in my baking rotation!
Thank you so much Nicole! I'm glad you enjoyed them!
These were perfect for my sister's shower. Thanks!
Sooo delicious! Light and fluffy, yet great lemony flavor! Will be making these again!