This Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake with Bourbon Cream Cheese Frosting is easy to make and great to take to family dinners or potlucks too – simply take the sheet pan with you and cut into bars to serve!
It’s fall, which means pumpkin-spiced everything, harvest, football and get-togethers. For our family, fall is a pretty hectic time on the farm, but it’s also a time when we have the most visitors. Late summer through fall is the best time to visit the farm because of all the harvest activity and the abundance of fruit that our guests get to pick and take home. It’s also a time for me to spend in the kitchen to make sure our visitors don’t leave hungry. I always like to provide a sweet treat for them and this Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake with Bourbon Cream Cheese Frosting hits the mark!
This sheet cake is so easy to make and requires minimal effort, which is good because harvest time is so busy for us! My Farmer is usually working around the clock and now I have one daughter in school and sports so anything easy, yet tasty is a winner in my book! And this Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake is a complete winner, trust me. Easy to make but oh-so-tasty!
If you love fall baking and more specifically, pumpkin recipes, be sure to check out these recipes: Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Bourbon Cream Cheese Frosting & Pecan and Toffee Bits, Bourbon Pecan Pumpkin Pie and Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.Print
Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake with Bourbon Cream Cheese Frosting
This sheet cake is easy to make and great to take to family dinners or potlucks too – simply take the sheet pan with you and cut into bars to serve!
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 50 min + 2 hour cool time
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Bourbon Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cloves, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl beat together eggs, pumpkin, and oil with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add to the flour mixture; until well combined.
- Spread batter into an ungreased 15×10 inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 350° F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Once the cake is cooled completely (usually at least 2 hours), spread with Bourbon Cream Cheese Frosting.
- If desired, sprinkle with additional sugar and cinnamon.
Keywords: Pumpkin, Pumpkin Spice, Sheet Cake, Bourbon, Cream Cheese Frosting