This Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake with Bourbon Cream Cheese Frosting is easy to make and great to take to large gatherings - simply take the sheet pan with you and cut into bars to serve!
It’s fall, which means pumpkin-spiced everything, harvest, football and get-togethers. For our family, fall is a pretty hectic time on the farm, but it’s also a time when we have the most visitors. Late summer through fall is the best time to visit the farm because of all the harvest activity and the abundance of fruit (like pears and blackberries) that our guests get to pick and take home. It’s also a time for me to spend in the kitchen to make sure our visitors don’t leave hungry. I always like to provide a sweet treat for them, and this moist pumpkin cake hits the mark!
This sheet cake is so easy to make and requires minimal effort, which is good because the fall season and harvest time is so busy for us! My Farmer is usually working around the clock and now that both daughters are in school and sports so anything easy, yet tasty is a winner in my book! And this Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake is a complete winner, trust me. Easy to make but oh-so-tasty!
This moist pumpkin sheet cake made with luscious cream cheese frosting is not just a cake. It's a celebration of pumpkin season in every slice. This pumpkin cake recipe is bound to be your new fall favorite. If you love pumpkin, you'll also love my pumpkin bread, pumpkin overnight oats and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
Why You'll Fall in Love with Pumpkin Sheet Cake Recipe
- Effortlessly Easy: Making a pumpkin sheet cake is as simple as pie (or, in this case, cake)!
- Perfect for Parties: Its sheet-style makes serving a breeze, perfect for your fall gatherings.
- Comfort in Every Bite: The warm pumpkin spice aroma will fill your home, bringing an instant cozy atmosphere.
- Cream Cheese Heaven: The tangy and sweet cream cheese frosting pairs magically with the spiced pumpkin flavor.
- all-purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- baking powder
- ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- ground cloves
- baking soda
- large eggs
- 15-ounce can pure pumpkin puree
- vegetable oil
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
How to Make the Best Pumpkin Cake
- Preheat oven.
- In a large bowl stir together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, make the pumpkin mixture, in a small mixing bowl beat the wet ingredients.
- Spread batter into an ungreased 15x10 inch baking pan.
- Bake this easy pumpkin sheet cake for 25-30 minutes and cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Once the cake is cooled completely, make the frosting recipe.
- Spread the frosting on the cooled cake and sprinkle with additional sugar and cinnamon.
Tips for a Flawless Pumpkin Sheet Cake
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Ensures even mixing.
- Pumpkin Puree, not Pie Filling: For that authentic pumpkin flavor.
- Smooth Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat on high speed for a light and airy texture.
- Even Baking: Rotate the cake halfway through for uniform doneness.
- Amp of Fall Flavors: add a touch of cinnamon for a cinnamon cream cheese frosting
Serving Suggestions: Elevate Your Cake Game
- Garnish Galore: Top with chopped nuts or a sprinkle of cinnamon for an extra flair.
- A Scoop of Ice Cream: Why not? Vanilla ice cream makes everything better.
- Coffee Companion: Serve with a hot cup of coffee for a match made in heaven.
Storage Secrets: Keeping Your Cake Fresh and Fabulous
- Room Temperature: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Freeze for Later: Wrap unfrosted slices in plastic wrap, then store in a freezer bag. Enjoy within 3 months.
Shape and Size: Sheet cakes are flat and rectangular, perfect for feeding a crowd. Regular cakes are typically round and layered.
Baking Time: Sheet cakes bake faster due to their thinner size.
Ease of Decoration: Easier to frost and decorate than a multi-layer cake.
If you love fall baking and more specifically, pumpkin recipes, be sure to check out these recipes: Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Bourbon Cream Cheese Frosting & Pecan and Toffee Bits, Bourbon Pecan Pumpkin Pie and Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.
If you give this recipe a try, please leave a comment below, rate the recipe, and don’t forget to tag me @homesweetfarmhome on Instagram. I’d love to see what you come up with and share with our community. Cheers!Print
Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake with Bourbon Cream Cheese Frosting
This sheet cake is easy to make and great to take to family dinners or potlucks too - simply take the sheet pan with you and cut into bars to serve!
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 50 min + 2 hour cool time
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Bourbon Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cloves, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl beat together eggs, pumpkin, and oil with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add to the flour mixture; until well combined.
- Spread batter into an ungreased 15x10 inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 350° F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Once the cake is cooled completely (usually at least 2 hours), spread with Bourbon Cream Cheese Frosting.
- If desired, sprinkle with additional sugar and cinnamon.
Keywords: Pumpkin, Pumpkin Spice, Sheet Cake, Bourbon, Cream Cheese Frosting