Hey Friends! Anyone else ready for warmer weather? This year I have found myself craving all things spring earlier than usual. Maybe it’s because we have a winter that seemingly won’t end or because I’m trapped inside the house with a toddler during weeks of lousy weather! Either way, I feel the need to add some elements of springtime in my home to get me through this season. If I decorate for spring, it will come, right?!
We’ve been in our temporary home for almost two years now, and I still haven’t taken the time to decorate. Maybe it’s because I’m in denial of how long our Farmhouse build journey is taking (why decorate a temporary living situation?!), or it’s because I had a baby shortly after we moved in. I think it’s a little of both. But, I feel the need to make our house a little homier because, much to my disliking, we’re going to be here awhile.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
In preparation for some big life changes coming in April (I’ll disclose details as we get closer), I’m getting ready to make our temporary house a home by adding a little spring cheer. Below are decor items that will not only add a little pop of color and utility into your home (because who doesn’t love pretty and functional?!), but also have clean lines and a modern vintage feel, so it flows into each season beautifully. I hope you find this farmhouse spring decor guide useful, and cheers to warmer weather coming your way soon!
// 1. Six Foot Faux Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree // 2. Barcelona Vases // 3. Magnolia Wreath // 4. Polished Copper Watering Can // 5. Faux Forsythia Stem // 6. We Are the Gardeners by Joanna Gaines and Julianna Swane // 7. Sierra Dish Towel // 8. Stoneware Terracotta Planter Pot // 9. Jade Colored Glass Pedestal Stand // 10. Stoneware Large Mug Green Speckled // 11. Joanna Gaines for Anthropologie Embroidered Sadie Pillow // 12. Seagrass Basket with Leather Handle // 13. Herringbone Throw // 14. Joanna Gaines for Anthropologie Isabel Rug // 15. Dough Bowl //
1. Six Foot Faux Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree - I’ll let you in on a little secret, this wife of a farmer hates indoor house plants. Shhh! Rest assured, I am a plant lady – just outside! I absolutely love love love to work in the garden, but I have never liked bringing dirt into my home. I live on a working farm; enough dirt gets tracked in by my family and dogs that I don’t want to intentionally bring any more inside. With that said, I love the look of house plants, so I’m trying out this lush and lifelike, six-foot fiddle leaf fig tree in our home. Shop similar items: Faux Fiddle Leaf Plant in Terracotta Pot - Hearth & Hand™ with Magnolia, 5' Potted Fiddle Leaf Tree in Pot and Leaf Floor Foliage Tree in Planter.
2. Barcelona Vases -There’s no more natural way to bring some spring into your house than by grabbing blooming branches or twigs from outside and placing them in beautiful glass vases like these. Shop similar items: Recycled Glass Balloon Vases, Mercer Recycled Glass Bottle and Krista Recycled Glass Vase.
3. Magnolia Wreath -I took my traditional wreath down during the holidays and replaced it with Christmas greens. Once the holidays were over, I never replaced the wreath and my door looks a little bare. I am buying this 24” Magnolia Wreath for my front door to welcome the warmer weather. Shop similar items: Magnolia Leaves Wreath, Green Eucalyptus Wreath, and Olive Branch Home Preserved Boxwood.
4. Polished Copper Watering Can -Copper is an essential farmhouse element and this hammered copper watering can adds color to a garden or front porch during springtime planting. Shop similar items: Haws Indoor Watering Can, Tall Copper Watering Can and Copper Plated Watering Can.
5. Faux Forsythia Stem from Hearth & Hand™ with Magnolia - If you can’t bring fresh blooming branches into your home (because this winter won’t end), add pops of color with these beautiful artificial forsythia plant stems that bring long-lasting style to any room. I would get a few stems and display in these vases. Shop similar items: Faux Eucalyptus Silk Leaf Stems, Yellow Forsythia Spray, Lamb's Ear Leaf Spray.
6. We Are the Gardeners Book - This year our daughter will be able to “help” in the garden. She is almost 21 months old and already loves to play in the dirt and water so I can’t wait until we can get in the garden together this spring. I’m hoping she shares a love of gardening as much as we do. The watercolor illustrations are colorful and whimsical and are sure to be a hit with our family. Shop similar items: Two Little Gardeners, Oh Say Can You Seed? and The Little Gardener.
7. Sierra Dish Towel - An easy and affordable way to change up your decor seasonally is by adding things like mugs and dish towels. I just love the colors on this dish towel and the design screams spring. Shop similar items: Edie Dish Towels, Kitchen Towels - Hearth & Hand™ with Magnolia and Maison d' Hermine Rose Garden Kitchen Towels.
8. Stoneware Terracotta Planter Pot from Hearth & Hand™ with Magnolia -This terracotta planter’s simple design ties in seamlessly with any type of decor and it’s perfect for any farmhouse style, be it classic or modern. I would get three of these planters and place them in a galvanized metal tray on my porch with succulents or herbs as soon as the weather starts to warm up. Shop similar items: Esschert Design Aged Terracotta Round Pots, Terracotta Pot - Smith & Hawken and Esschert Design Aged Terracotta Flowerpots in Metal Basket with Handle.
9. Jade Colored Glass Pedestal Stand -I love adding antiques in my house, but when I can’t find what I’m looking for in a vintage find, I’ll go for a gorgeous replica like this one. This jade colored glass pedestal stand is a perfect addition for an Easter brunch or any springtime treat! Shop similar items: The Pioneer Woman Timeless Beauty Cake Stand with Glass Cover, Milk Glass Cake Stand - Hearth & Hand™ with Magnolia and Mosser Glass Footed Cake Plate.
10. Stoneware Large Mug Green Speckled from Hearth & Hand™ with Magnolia -An easy and affordable way to add color to your kitchen this spring is with a fun mug! I don’t know about you, but most days my coffee tastes better and my day starts out bright when I’m drinking out of a fun mug like this. Shop similar items: Farmhouse Mugs, Glazed Ceramic Belly Mugs, and Classic Enamelware Mugs.
11. Joanna Gaines for Anthropologie Embroidered Sadie Pillow - I have sort of an eclectic style. I like to call my style vintage classic farmhouse with a western-boho twist. Yes, I’m a bit of a complicated gal in regard to my style, but I think all those can mix well together if done right. I like mixing understated and subtle tones of different pieces and styles together and I think this embroidered pillow from our favorite designer Joanna Gaines is a perfect fit for many styles, especially a modern farmhouse or a western-boho style. Shop similar items: Magnolia Home Beverly Pillow, Embroidered Striped Pattern Lumbar Pillow and, Embroidery Pillow Cover.
12. Seagrass Basket with Leather Handle from Hearth & Hand™ with Magnolia -Bringing in natural elements is quintessential Farmhouse. The woven seagrass adds a touch of texture to this timeless storage solution. Perfect for tucking away those winter blankets as warmer weather is on the horizon. Spring is coming my friends, I promise! Shop similar items: Natural Woven Seagrass Tote Belly Basket, Handcrafted Rope Woven Seagrass Two Handles Basket and Large Basket with Curved Handles.
13. Herringbone Throw - Our springs can be a bit chilly, so I always keep a throw blanket on the couch. This lightweight herringbone throw in a neutral camel color helps to brighten up our living room and help with the transition from winter to spring. Because of its neutral color, it’s an item we can keep out all year-round. Shop similar items: Woven Throw Blanket, Herringbone Soft Touch Throw, and Brahms Mount Herringbone Cotton Throw.
14. Joanna Gaines for Anthropologie Isabel Rug -Another great piece designed by Joanna Gaines is this Isabel Rug featuring a Persian-inspired motif and deep shades of blue, silver, and berry. This rug makes spaces feel timeless yet refreshed. This is on my wishlist for our living room. Shop similar items: Magnolia Home Kasuri Blue & Multi Border Rug, Persian Raylene Area Rug and Vintage Persian Rug.
Leave a Reply