Bourbon Pecan Pumpkin Pie: a fusion of two classic Thanksgiving pies where a dash of bourbon takes this pie to the next level.
Thanksgiving is synonymous with pie. And after a delicious feast, there is only one way to finish the evening. And that’s with a delicious slice of pie! One of our family favorites is this Bourbon Pecan Pumpkin Pie. A fusion of two classic Thanksgiving pies where pecans take center stage and a dash of bourbon take this pie to the next level.
This pie has the rich, gooey texture of a pecan pie and the sweetness of a pumpkin pie. While the bourbon adds complexity, and let’s be honest, everything is better with bourbon (including family gatherings). This Bourbon Pecan Pumpkin Pie will leave everyone lingering around the table a little longer.
While it’s no secret I love baking with bourbon, it’s not just for drinking in our household. Bourbon intensifies flavors to produce a truly decadent dessert that will wow your guests. It’s my secrete ingredient in a lot of my baked goods.
If you love baking with pumpkin as much as I do, check out my other favorite pumpkin recipes: Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Bourbon Cream Cheese Frosting & Pecan and Toffee Bits and Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake with Bourbon Cream Cheese Frosting.Print
Bourbon Pecan Pumpkin Pie
This pie has the rich, gooey texture of a pecan pie and the sweetness of a pumpkin pie, while the bourbon adds complexity.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 Pie Crust Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 ½ cups pecans (chopped)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg, lightly beaten for egg wash
- Coarse sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out chilled pie dough disc on a lightly floured work surface until dough is about ⅛” thick and about 12” in diameter.
- Transfer dough to a 9” pie plate. Trim the edge of the dough so that there is about 1” overhang.
- Fold the edges under and crimp with your fingers or a fork.
- Put the pie plate in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the pie plate from the freezer and line with parchment paper and pour in baking beans or pie weights.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until pie crust is lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, in a mixer, cream butter and sugar. With the mixer on low, add eggs (one at a time), vinegar, salt, vanilla, corn syrup and bourbon. Stir in pecans and pumpkin puree.
- Pour filling into pie pan.
- Place assembled pie on baking sheet and place on the middle rack in the oven.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until set. Cool completely on wire rack.
If the crust is browning before the center is cooked, tent edges of pie with foil and continue baking.
Keywords: Bourbon Pecan Pumpkin Pie