Discover how to make the perfect Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix with this easy recipe! Get tips, storage advice, and delicious recipe suggestions.
Ever thought about making your own Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend? Instead of running to the grocery store when you run out of pumpkin spice mix, try this homemade spice blend. It's an easy homemade pumpkin spice recipe that is better than the store-bought version - I promise!
This homemade blend is not just for pumpkin pies – it's a game-changer for all your favorite fall baking recipes. From a batch of pumpkin muffins, easy pumpkin pie and any pumpkin dessert recipe, this spice mix will become your go-to.
Why Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend is a Must-Have
- Versatility at Its Finest: From pumpkin bread and pumpkin cookies to this delectable pumpkin cake, this spice mix is a baking superstar in all your favorite pumpkin recipes.
- The Heart of Fall Baking: Pumpkin spice season is an official celebration in our house and this pumpkin spice blend captures the essence of the season and all things pumpkin.
- Customizable Flavor: Change up the spice ratio to your liking, which you can't do with store-bought pumpkin pie spice.
Crafting Your Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix
DIY Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix Ingredients:
- ground cinnamon
- ground ginger
- ground allspice
- ground nutmeg
- ground cloves
- Measure & Mix: Combine all spices in a bowl.
- Whisk to Perfection: Ensure everything is well-blended.
- Jar & Label: Store in airtight containers and label with date.
Tips for Pumpkin Pie Spice Success
- Freshness First: Check the expiration dates and potency of your spices. Fresh spices mean more flavorful recipes.
- Your Blend, Your Rules: Love a particular spice? Add more! Not a fan? Reduce or omit. This homemade pumpkin pie spice recipe is all about your taste preferences.
Storing Your Spice Mix
Store your homemade blend in a cool, dry place like a pantry or cupboard. It stays fresh until the individual spices' expiration dates, typically 1–2 years. Remember, the key to lasting flavor is a tightly sealed container.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! Pumpkin pie spice isn’t just for fall. Use it anytime you crave that warm, cozy flavor.
Not at all! It’s fantastic in savory dishes, too. Think roasted veggies with a pumpkin spice twist.
I figured Pumpkin Pie Spice consisted of those spices, but I wasn’t sure of the ratios. Upon a little searching and trial and error, I found the perfect Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix. It is easy to make and has become a fall staple in my house!
If you give this recipe a try, please leave a comment below, rate the recipe, and don’t forget to tag me @homesweetfarmhome on Instagram. I’d love to see what you come up with and share with our community. Cheers!Print
Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix
Easy to make fall staple that can be used in all of your pumpkin desserts!
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients until combined. Store in an airtight container up to 1 year.
Keywords: pumkpin pie spice, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, allspice, nutmeg