A wonderfully fresh, dense, spongy cake with warm fall spices and subtle sweetness, this Browned Butter Spiced Pear Bundt Cake with Apple Cider Glaze is sure to please!
Pears are a staple in our home in the fall. Growing up I didn’t eat a lot of fresh pears. So I had no idea what I was missing out on until my husband and I started dating. He would bring me to his family’s orchards and we would pick buckets of this sweet, tasty fruit. Subsequently, I’ve been hooked ever since.
Pears are now hands-down my favorite fruit to bake with. And we tend to have a surplus of them at the house, so I’m always trying out new recipes to use with our favorite fruit. One of the recipes our family loves is this Browned Butter Spiced Pear Bundt Cake with Apple Cider Glaze.
Apple cider was used for the glaze because I didn’t have any pear cider. I have never seen pear cider at the grocery store. I think I may need to figure out how to make pear cider…I’ll put it on the recipe to-do list! Anyways, this Browned Butter Spiced Pear Bundt Cake is a wonderfully fresh, dense, spongy cake with all the fall feels in the spice blend. Full of subtle sweetness and warm spices – nothing can compare to a pear!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.Print
Browned Butter Spiced Pear Bundt Cake with Apple Cider Glaze
A wonderfully fresh, dense, spongy cake with warm fall spices and subtle sweetness.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 65
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- ¾ cup softened, plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups pears, thinly sliced (about 3 pears)
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Apple Cider Glaze
- ¾ cup apple cider
- 1 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 300° F. Spray a 10 to 15-cup Bundt pan with nonstick baking spray and dust with flour. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add pears and ½ teaspoon cinnamon; cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and tender (about 5 minutes). Separate pears from browned butter in a medium bowl and let cool completely. Make sure not to discard the browned butter.
- In a large bowl, beat browned butter, ¾ cup softened butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In another large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- With the mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternating with buttermilk. Beat just until combined after each addition.
- Fold in pears and vanilla.
- Spoon batter into prepared Bundt pan, making sure the top is smooth. Tap the pan a few times on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Invert cake onto a serving plate and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make Apple Cider Glaze by bringing the apple cider to a boil over medium-high heat and boiling until cider reduces to ¼ cup, about 5-8 minutes. Let come to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar, heavy whipping cream, melted butter, salt and cider until smooth.
- Drizzle mixture over cake.
Keywords: Browned Butter, Spiced, Pear, Bundt Cake, Apple Cider, Glaze